Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Borneo International Marathon @ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah


BEST RUN EVER ......

Me, waiting for the race to start
This is my second 10k run and I did it in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. It was the best run I had thus far. It was held on May 1, 2011.
It was a long weekend since May 1 is Labour day and it fell on Sunday so the public holiday was brought forward to Monday. I took the Friday off and had a four days on that weekend. Pack my bags and my husband and we took a flight to KK for a short getaway. 
I pick up my race kit on Saturday, everything went well no rush no long queue. The race kit consist of a running pouch, 2 packets of energy bar and a voucher for a free Starbuck frappacino grande. The running t-shirt was given only after we finish the race.

 Race Day

We woke up at 5.00am as the race start at 6.30 for the 10k runners. We reached there early and manage to see the 21k runner start their race. There was a lot of runners for the 21k a lot more then the 10k runners. That was a surprise; Do they know they have to run 21 kilometres ???!!

Anyway my race went on smoothly. Nothing special happen, saw a couple of people wearing the Energizer Night Race and the  Bareno Run t-shirts running as well. Waaa they flew all the way down from KL as well so I am not that special sob .... sob ....

Nearing the finish line
There was 2 runners wearing the Energizer Night Race (I seem obsessed on this race) T-shirt that caught my attention. It was this 2 "warga tua" one a Singh and the other is a Chinese guy running together at their "own pace". It is hard to explain, the Singh guy will be running, the Chinese guy will walk but at a certain distance he will run fast to catch-up with his friend; weird right. Sadly, their pace is faster then my pace so they lost me some where along the way. However, on the way back I saw the old Chinese guy receiving some medical attention so I didn't think he finished the race.

Hi dear .... wait I need to take
my t-shirt
Water ... air ... tired ...









Why this is the best race ?

Seriously I don't know it was just nice; there was a pre-race pasta party for all the race participants organise by the one of the hotel sponsoring the event; lots of station waters, wet cold sponge station, medic station, race marshalls and people supporting the participants. The weather was wonderfully warm and cosy for a run. Just a lot of things bunch into one.


No comments:

Post a Comment