Friday, June 4, 2010

Trip to Kota Kinabalu - Sabah !







On the last week of May, we got an extra day for the Weekend due to Wesak Day. Nurman and I went to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah for my friend's wedding.

We almost miss our flight! (normal reason - woke up late, sleept late because we pack at the wee hours of the nite, my handphone was in the hall so I didn't hear it rang when the Taxi driver call us 11 times - we ask him to pick us up at 5.30am!, AND Nurman's alarm clock was not turn on ..... SIGH !!!) Anyway we woke-up "basuh muka - gosok gigi - salin baju" (mak's fav instruction everytime we are late, translated wash face, brush teeth and change clothes) and of we go to the LCCT. Praying on every km we will reached there on time and there was a flight delay. I guess lady luck was on our side, there wasn't a flight delay but the check-in process was slow due to a group of people on tour while their agents try to sort them out we check-in .... PHEW :-)



In KK we stay in Sutera Harbour Hotel and was pleasantly suprise when they upgraded our hotel room to a suite ..... The hotel suite was nicer then my house!! Clean, beautifully decorated, have view of the ocean and fresh flowers. While we there, we manage to do some sight seeing and snorkelling. Didn't buy any pearl though..... Everyone said it was cheap there but the one I saw was not exactly cheap. But then I never bought pearls before so don't know if it is really cheap over there. Without Along guidance in bargaining I was afraid of being dupe so decided against buying anything over there.

We went to my friend's wedding, went to the wrong hotel at first!My mistake I got the name of the hotel confused and remember the name of a wrong hotel. Anyway the wedding was beautiful, it was a beach theme wedding. Got to meet my old Chermai Jaya friends. It has been a while since I last saw they all. Perpetua (the one who was getting married) was the only one I really stay in touch with.

All in all the trip was a fun but it was to short and hectic. I need to plan these trips more carefully and no more early hour flights please .......

No comments:

Post a Comment